I started this blog 2yrs ago and only sporadically published anything. I'm not a diary or journal person so I didn't feel it was very interesting and even stupid to put down what was happening in my life. Who would want to read it? Why would anyone want to read it? I was going through a rough time personally and financially and felt I had no outlet so instead of seeing the blog as a possible stress reliever I deleted the whole thing. :/
I've been thinking lately that maybe I shouldn't have let my temper get the best of me. So back to the title "What's changed?".....a lot. For starters, I turned 50. Fifty years old. I'm actually okay with that and it doesn't bother me or scare me. I'm actually surprised I made it this far (I know it sounds strange), for some reason I never could imagine myself living long enough to be fifty years old. Fifty and I still have two teens and a 9yr old at home. My husband still works hard to provide for us and I still homeschool. I still have the zoo although several of my animals have passed on, mainly from old age. In 6 months I lost my dog, 2 bullfrogs, 3 chickens and a rabbit and a uromastyx lizard. It may seem strange to people that I mourn them, but next to my human children they are my family.
We're moving. This in my life is huge because I swore when we bought this house that I would have to be buried in the back yard. Anyone who has ever bought a house will probably understand the stress of the actual search, purchase and moving into a new home. Our experience was enhanced by the failure of our realtor to show up for appointments, make calls, assist in searches....basically do her job. With my teen and two young kids I personally did all of the legwork and hand carried all documents from one end of the county to the other. We thought this would be our last home but after 12yrs in our house and 31yrs in So. Calif., we've realized that although the Clampetts thought California was the place to be it's not working for us anymore. We've decided to move 2000 miles away to a place neither one of us have ever lived.
My mother's (who lives in another state) health is declining. She's only 79 but she can no longer care for herself. Our extended family has become very fragmented and trying to get everyone together to decide how to help her has proved to be a very difficult task. In thinking about what to do for her I've made some very definite decisions about things that I want for my own future.
These are just a few of the things that have changed recently so I'm going to make a concerted effort to get on here at least once a week - if not more to make a record of the things that I'm doing to reboot my life. I still don't think it's very interesting and I'm not sure anyone would want to read it but I've always felt like I was the only person dealing with certain events in life and no one could ever understand my thoughts and ideas, or would be able to relate. I just plain felt that I have nothing in common with anyone else. I'm starting to realize that I may be wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment